Harley-Davidson is a famous and expensive motorcycle in the US. Many riders love to ride this bike out of their passion. Surprisingly, most of the genuine Harley riders love to wear full-face helmets. Because it will give the rider maximum level of safety and protection. But, it is quite tough to choose the best full face helmet for Harley riders.
The market is saturated with all poor quality products. So, to distinguish between good and wrong, you will need to have a great level of product knowledge and expertise. That is why we are here with our exclusive full face helmet reviews and buying guide for Harley riders.
We conducted thorough research and analyzed customers’ opinions to sort out 10 top-notch products. We hope this buying guide will help you to choose the best option for you.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
- Brand: BELL
- Color: Gloss Black
- Recommended Uses For Product: Motorcycling
- Shell Construction: Low-profile fiberglass composite
- Weight: 4.45 pounds
- Brand: YEMA Helmet
- Color: Matte Black
- Recommended Uses For Product: Cycling, Motorcycling
- DOT Approval: Yes
- Weight: 3.74 pounds
- Brand: ILM
- Color: White
- Recommended Uses For Product: Motorcycling
- Speaker: Built-in
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Is A Full-Face Helmet Safer for Harley?
- What Are the Best Full Face Helmet for Harley Riders?
- 10 Best Full Face Helmet for Harley Riders Reviews 2021
- 1. Editor’s Pick: Bell Bullitt Helmet
- 2. Best with Bluetooth: ILM Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
- 3. Best for Intercom Range: FreedConn BM2-S Flip Up Modular Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
- 4. Best with Visor: Scorpion Covert Helmet (Medium) (White)
- 5. Best for Low Wind Noise: YEMA YM-926. Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet
- 6. Best Lightweight: MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle Helmet
- 7. Best for Ventilation: Bell Qualifier DLX Full-Face Helmet
- 8. Best for Ultralight Shell: LS2 Helmets Valiant II Modular Helmet
- 9. Best Comfortable: TORC T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet
- 10. Best for Design: YEMA YM-925 Racing Helmet
- Why Do Harley Riders Wear Full-Face Helmets?
- Harley Rider’s Full-face Helmets Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Final Words
Is A Full-Face Helmet Safer for Harley?
Yes, a full-face helmet is safer for Harley. A full-face helmet will offer you the safest ride as it covers most of your face. But, you may need to sacrifice comfort and convenience. There are three types of helmets- full face, open face ¾, and half helmet. If safety is your major concern, a full face helmet will give you the best level of user experience.
Let’s compare three common types of helmets to understand the concept deeply.
When you talk about a half helmet, your face will be almost open. Without any doubt, you will get less safety in your ride because of the full open-face helmet design. So, if any unexpected accident occurs, there will be a bigger chance to get your face seriously injured.
¾ Open-Face Helmet:
On the other hand, when you talk about a ¾ helmet, It will extend over your neck and ears. Needless to say, you will get better protection than a half helmet in a ¾ helmet. But, if you compare it with a full-face helmet, still the latter is the safest option.
Now, when it comes to a full-face helmet, your full face will be covered. With a strong and durable shell and other important parts, you will get full protection. However, it is true that you will get comparatively less comfort from this kind of helmet.
In a nutshell, as a full-face helmet, will cover your face completely which is not the case of other types of helmets, it is the safer option. Considering everything, a full face helmet is the safer option compared to other types of helmets for Harley. But, you need to keep in mind that you will get less comfort in a full face helmet while riding a Harley.
What Are the Best Full Face Helmet for Harley Riders?
- Editor’s Pick: Bell Bullitt Helmet
- Best with Bluetooth: ILM Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
- Best for Intercom Range: FreedConn BM2-S Flip Up Modular Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
- Best with Visor: Scorpion Covert Helmet (Medium) (White)
- Best for Low Wind Noise: YEMA YM-926. Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet
- Best Lightweight: MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle Helmet
- Best for Ventilation: Bell Qualifier DLX Full-Face Helmet
- Best for Ultralight Shell: LS2 Helmets Valiant II Modular Helmet
- Best Comfortable: TORC T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet
- Best for Design: YEMA YM-925 Racing Helmet
10 Best Full Face Helmet for Harley Riders Reviews 2021
As we mentioned earlier. Choosing the best full face helmet for Harley Riders is quite challenging. So, to help you out below we will review 10 top-notch full-face helmets. We hope it will help you to choose the best option.
1. Editor’s Pick: Bell Bullitt Helmet
When it comes to ensuring safety, the Bell Bullitt helmet is one of the best options these days. It has many amazing features which will give you a great user experience. Explore all of its key features below so that you can make a generous buying decision.
Bell Bullitt Helmet: Technical Details
|Shell Construction||Low-profile fiberglass composite|
Features and Benefits
- Shell: There is no denying the fact that shell is one of the main safety features of your helmet. Being a trustworthy brand, they always maintained top-notch shell quality in all of their helmets. No exception with this model as well. Built with a low-profile carbon composite, it will make a protective shield for your head.
- Shield System: The next important thing you want to ensure in your helmet is it comes with a sturdy shield. This exclusive product is sold with a clear flat shield which is installed with the helmet. But, this package includes a flat Silver Iridium shield which will take your protective measures to the next level.
- Interior: The interior of this perfect helmet is removable and you can wash it conveniently. Built with genuine leather, this product will give you the ultimate level of comfort when you ride your favorite Harley. Besides, it is completely anti-bacterial so you can remain stress-free with your health.
- Vents: There is no doubt that vents in a helmet will ensure proper airflow. If your helmet is compromised in this area, it means your comfort will be compromised as well. On the forehead, you will get steel mesh vents. Inspired by classic 70s helmets, these vents will draw cool air over your head. There are low-profile exhaust vents in the rear so that airflow can exit the helmet.
- Design: This excellent helmet comes in a vintage look but you will get a modern flavor from it. You will be less confined, but without compromising the protection level from this helmet. Because it has a large eye port to give you a clearer view.
If you are looking for the best Harley rider full-face helmet, this is the right fit. It has a strong shell, removable leather interior, and liner along with some effective vents to make your ride safe and enjoyable.
2. Best with Bluetooth: ILM Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
If you are looking for a top-notch full face helmet for Harley riders with Bluetooth, this is your best option. This excellent Bluetooth motorcycle helmet from ILM comes with many exclusive features which will satisfy your expectations. Let’s explore all of its key features which will help you to make a generous buying decision.
ILM Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet: Technical Details
|Dimensions||8 x 11.2 x 11 inches|
|Bluetooth Technology||Bluetooth 3.0|
Features and Benefits
- Shell: This exclusive ILM helmet comes with a very strong and durable ABS shell. So, you will get a good level of protection in your head. Built with high quality material, it will offer you a durable user experience.
- Visor: Another important feature of a helmet is the visor or face shield. Because it will protect your face and eyes. It comes with dual visors to give your eyes a good level of protection. No wonder, the visor will protect your eyes from excessive sunlight.
- Air Ventilation System: Another great feature of this product is it comes with a great air ventilation system. The vents will maintain proper airflow through your head. Not to mention, you will get an excellent level of comfort from this airflow.
- Bluetooth 3.0 Technology: One of the major features of this helmet is it is built with Bluetooth 3.0 technology. So, you will get a one-touch control for all important functions. For instance, whether you want to make a call, answer or reject an incoming call, listen to music, FM radio, or even GPS navigation audio, everything is possible conveniently with this innovative Bluetooth helmet.
- Speaker and Microphones: It comes with a built-in speaker along with noise-canceling microphones. So, conducting calls or listening to music will be super easy for you. With this innovative add-on on your laptop, you can even enjoy the voice command feature of this helmet.
- Intercom System: One of the exciting features of this helmet is it comes with an intercom system. You can easily pair with 3 riders while intercom communication can be done with 2 riders at the same time. However, the distance of the riders should not exceed 500 meters.
- Powerful Battery: This exclusive helmet comes with a powerful battery that will offer you a great level of run time. When fully charged, it will offer you 12 hours of phone talk time and 8 hours of intercom talk time with another Harley rider.
The standby time of this helmet battery is 110 hours. If you don’t use it for a long time, the battery will initiate sleep mode. To use it again, you need to charge it for half an hour.
If you are looking for the best Bluetooth helmet to ride your Harley, this is the best fit.
3. Best for Intercom Range: FreedConn BM2-S Flip Up Modular Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet
FreedConn is another trustworthy brand in the overall helmet industry. BMS-2 Flip-up modular Bluetooth motorcycle helmet comes with some unique features. Without any doubt, it will help you to enjoy your moments while riding Harley.
FreedConn BM2-S Flip Helmet: Technical Details
|Water Resistance Level||Waterproof|
|Bluetooth 3.0 Technology||Yes|
Features and Benefits
- Bluetooth Intercom System: This helmet has one of the top-notch Bluetooth intercom systems these days. It will offer you a maximum range of 1640 feet. 3 Riders can pair while 2 riders can speak at the same time.
- Innovative Bluetooth Technology: It is equipped with the latest Bluetooth 3.0 technology to take your user experience to the next level. Whether you want to enjoy music, FM, GPS voice prompts, you can do everything without any hassle. Besides, the intercom system will help you to communicate with fellow riders.
- Crystal Clear Sound: It comes with built-in 2 premium speakers which will offer you full stereo sound. It also has an advanced level of DSP echo cancellation which is combined with noise suppression technology. No doubt, you will get crystal clear sound from this excellent Bluetooth helmet.
- Easy to Control: Not every helmet will offer you a great level of control feature. Thanks to this one as it will offer you great control with just one button. As a result, Answering, rejecting, or redialing the last number will be super easy. If you want to initiate a voice command, you just have to long-press the MFB button for 2 seconds.
- Long Battery Life: One of the important features of all Bluetooth helmets is battery life. It comes with 110 hours of standby time and 8 hours of intercom talk time. You can complete your bike ride smoothly with this battery life.
If you are looking for a Bluetooth helmet that will offer you a great level of intercom range, this is the right option for you.
4. Best with Visor: Scorpion Covert Helmet (Medium) (White)
The Scorpion covert helmet is a great product to provide you with the best level of protection. It comes with a sun-visor to ease your eye strain when riding your favorite Harley riders. This helmet has many amazing features so that you can enjoy every ride.
Scorpion Covert Helmet: Technical Details
|Shell Material||LG Polycarbonate|
Features and Benefits
- Shell: Without any doubt, the shell is the most important part of a helmet. Because it will directly protect your head from any unexpected accident. Built with advanced LG Polycarbonate, the shell of this excellent Scorpion helmet will minimize weight and disperse impact.
- Sun-Visor: One of the amazing features of this product is it comes with a visor. No doubt, the retractable tinted sun-visor will ease your eye strain instantly. When you ride, there will be different light conditions. In that case, the visor will protect your eyes. You will get an installed dark smoke visor with this package. However, there will be an additional one to help you in the night riding.
- Removable Chin: Another great thing about this helmet is it comes with a removable chin. Plus, the chin is equipped with Neodymium magnets which will help you to attach it conveniently.
- Design: No wonder, this white medium-sized Scorpion covert helmet comes with an innovative design. It has a radical design that will work with any type of bike. Especially, when you talk about the Harley, it is one of the best options you can think about. The shell, sun-visor, or chin design will help you to get a great user experience from this helmet.
When it comes to a top-quality Full Face Helmet for Harley Riders with a visor, this is the best option.
5. Best for Low Wind Noise: YEMA YM-926. Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet
Our next product in this exclusive buying guide is the YEMA YM-926 modular full face helmet. If you ride a Harley, this helmet will help you in many ways. Because it comes with many exclusive features to meet your expectations. Explore all of its features below to make your decision wisely.
YEMA YM-926 Helmet: Technical Details
|Item Weight||74 pounds|
|Dimensions||14.2 x 10.6 x 10.6 inches|
Features and Benefits
- Advanced Modular Design: The design of a helmet is quite important. This excellent helmet comes with a modular dual-lens design to offer you great flexibility. It has an inner smoked lens while there is an outer clear shield. Needless to say, you will get a great level of user experience from this helmet.
- Inner Padding: One of the great features of this helmet is it comes with comfortable inner washable padding. It will ensure your ultimate comfort during the ride. Besides, the removable and washable cheek pads will make your day even shinier.
- Vents: The overall adjustable ventilation system of this helmet is quite impressive. The airflow intake system is fully adjustable. The same thing goes for the exhausts as well. You can adjust them to keep your head cool while riding your Harley.
- Low Wind Noise Levels: One of the annoying things with most of the helmets is the wind noise. This exclusive product comes with a streamlined Aerodynamic design which will reduce wind noise to a significant level. So, you will never feel disturbed during the ride.
- Safety: This helmet is quite easy to turn on and You can wear it without any hassle. The quick-release strap will ensure a secured and safe fit. Furthermore, this helmet got DOT approval, so you can remain stress-free for any kind of safety-related issue with this helmet.
If you are looking for a helmet that will produce a low wind noise in Harley riding, this is the right place.
6. Best Lightweight: MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated Motorcycle Helmet
Here is another Bluetooth-integrated helmet. Wouldn’t it be awesome if your Bluetooth Helmet can give you the maximum protection in your bike ride? The MOPHOTO Bluetooth integrated helmet is specially built to ensure effective communication and great protection. Check its detailed review below.
MOPHOTO Bluetooth Integrated Helmet: Technical Details
|Color||Sapphire Blue – Intercom Helmet|
|Battery Capacity||800 mAh|
Features and Benefits
- High-End Quality: This excellent helmet comes with an ABS lightweight shell. So, you will feel maximum comfort while it protects your head. Plus, it has an advanced level of the ventilation system to ensure proper airflow in your head.
- Anti-Fog Lens: Another great feature of this product is it is equipped with a high definition anti-fog lens. It is also highly waterproof. You can enjoy your ride even in the rain or fog.
- Intercom Headset: This excellent helmet has a built-in intercom system. Using your phone and Bluetooth, the intercom system will work. You can communicate with another rider via this intercom system for 20 hours. The helmet comes with an 800 mAh battery capacity which can remain on standby for 7 days.
- Dual Visor: Visor is always important to reduce your eye strain in the sunlight during the ride. It is a flip-up modular helmet. Interestingly, you will get dual visors in it which will help you to protect your eyes from excessive sunlight.
- Low Wind Noise: This excellent helmet comes with a streamlined aerodynamic design which is quite effective when it comes to reducing wind noise and drag. This unit is specially designed to give you the best level of Harley riding experience.
- Safe to Use: One of the great features of this unit is it ensures maximum safety to riders. Fortunately, it is DOT approved which means it passed the safety ratings. Besides, in the back, you will get reflective material which will ensure additional safety.
If you are looking for the best lightweight full face helmet to ride a Harley, this can be a great deal.
7. Best for Ventilation: Bell Qualifier DLX Full-Face Helmet
Our next product in this exclusive buying guide is the Bell Qualifier DLX full-face helmet. There are many mind-blowing features in this product. Explore all of its features below so that you can make a generous buying decision.
Bell Qualifier DLX Helmet: Technical Details
|Color||Blackout Matte Black|
|Shell Construction||Lightweight polycarbonate/ABS|
|Interior||Microfiber, antimicrobial, antibacterial|
Features and Benefits
- Shell: One of the main features of this product is its shell. Built with lightweight polycarbonate or ABS, it will give you the ultimate level of protection during the ride. This package comes with 3 shells which is one of the major benefits of buying a helmet from this brand.
- Interior: There is no denying that to give you a comfortable ride, the interior plays an important role in every helmet. Built with microfiber, the interiors of this unit are antimicrobial and antibacterial. They are easily removable and washable, so you will get great flexibility.
- Padded Wind Collar: Another great thing about this unit is it is equipped with a padded wind collar which will reduce wind and road noise to a great extent.
- Ventilation System: When you talk about airflow, your helmet should come with a proper ventilation system. Thanks to this excellent Bell qualifier DLX helmet as it has some effective vents in front and back. So, you will enjoy refreshing airflow during the ride.
- Shields: It is also equipped with shields to protect your eyes from excessive sunlight. Interestingly, you will get 2 different types of shields- clear and dark smoke. So, you can go as per your preference.
If you are looking for a great helmet with the most effective ventilation system, it is the right fit.
8. Best for Ultralight Shell: LS2 Helmets Valiant II Modular Helmet
Not every modular helmet will give you the best level of protection. LS2 comfortable helmets valiant II modular helmet is built with quality material to ensure your ultimate protection. Its major features are discussed below.
LS2 Helmets Valiant Helmet: Technical Details
|Padding Feature:||Removable and washable|
Features and Benefits
- Safe to Use: There is no doubt that this helmet is quite safe to use. It meets the FMVSS 218 standard. So, you can use it without thinking twice. You can easily put it on or off and get great comfort on the road.
- Ultralight Shell: One of the great features of this product is it is quite ultra-light and sturdy. Built with LS2’s proprietary kinetic polymer alloy (KPA), this helmet will give you a great level of protection and comfort on the road.
- Twin Shield System: Another exclusive feature of this product is it comes with a twin shield system. The drop-down sun shield of this helmet is operated by a cable slider. No doubt, it will give you smooth and dependable sun protection.
- Excellent Padding: The padding of this unit is built with breathable fabric to wick moisture. It dries up quickly so that you can remain cool and comfortable during the ride. Besides, it is removable and washable which will give you great flexibility.
When you talk about a helmet that comes with an ultralight shell, it is the right place.
9. Best Comfortable: TORC T14B Bluetooth Integrated Mako Full Face Helmet
Here is another great helmet that is specially designed with Bluetooth integration. There are many advantages and benefits it will offer you. Without any doubt, it will be a great companion for you on the road to maintain effective communication and get proper protection.
TORC T14B Helmet: Technical Details
|Intercom Range||400 meters|
|Talk Time||24 hours|
|Standby Time:||600 hours|
Features and Benefits:
- Bluetooth Integrated Shell: One of the excellent features of this unit is it has a Bluetooth integrated shell. Whether you want to answer or reject a call, listen to music or radio, everything will be possible conveniently with this innovative Bluetooth helmet. Besides, it comes with a 400 meters’ intercom system to communicate with another rider during the ride.
- Clear Sound: To give you a crystal clear sound, this excellent unit features a dual stereo speaker. Besides, it has a built-in anti-noise mic. So, you don’t have to compromise with the sound quality.
- Lithium Battery: To give you the best level of Bluetooth experience, it comes with a lithium battery that will offer you 24 hours of talk time. Besides, you will get 600 hours of standby time from it.
- EPS: When you talk about the EPS, it is very important for a helmet. This product comes with dual density EPS along with the intermediate oval profile. As a result, you will get a great level of comfort from it.
- Visor System: To give your eyes good protection, it is equipped with a great visor system. The visor is designed with a smooth lock drop-down nature. During the ride, your eyes will be protected from excessive sunlight.
- Inner Liner: The inner liner is completely removable. You can do it without any hassle. Plus, it is machine washable. So, you don’t need to take any stress to wash it.
If you are looking for a comfortable men’s or Women’s Full Face Helmet for Harley Riders, this is the best option. It will give you the maximum level of comfort during the ride.
10. Best for Design: YEMA YM-925 Racing Helmet
Our next product in this article is the YEMA YM-925 racing helmet. It is a modular helmet with many excellent features. We will highlight all of its key features below which will help you in decision making.
YEMA YM-925 Helmet: Technical Details
|Dimensions||2 x 10.6 x 10.6 inches|
Features and Benefits:
- Design: This exclusive unit is specially designed so that you can use it in street bikes, racing, motocross, ATV, dirt bike, and many more. Built with outstanding material, it will offer you a great level of user experience.
- Sun Visor System: It features a scratch-resistant, high-impact, and quick-release visor to protect your eyes from excessive sunlight. The visor will give you a large field vision so that you can ride comfortably.
- Advanced Ventilation System: It is equipped with an aerodynamic shell that is made of durable ABS material. When you talk about the ventilation system, it will ensure a great level of airflow through your head.
- Interior: There are excellent interiors in this helmet. It has a reinforced chin strap along with laser-cut foam. Besides, there are chin curtains and quick-release buckles to give you the best level of user experience.
- ABS Shell: One of the excellent features of this helmet is it comes with an ABS shell. Built with advanced lightweight and durable ABS material, the shell will give you the best level of protection.
- Inner Liner: No one will deny the importance of inner liner in a helmet. It is equipped with an EPS impact absorption inner liner which will work as an extra layer of comfort. Besides, it will ensure your ultimate level of comfort when you are in the ride.
- Helmet Liner/ Cheek Pads: The helmet liner or cheek pads of this product are lightweight, easily removable. So, you can easily wash and clean them for easy maintenance.
- Safety: When you talk about safety, the YEMA ensures the maximum level of safety. It meets both the FMVSS -218 and DOT Safety Standards. Whether you are a man or woman, this excellent helmet will give you a safe ride always.
If you are looking for a helmet that comes with a great design, it can be a great deal.
Why Do Harley Riders Wear Full-Face Helmets?
Harley-Davidson is one of the most expensive motorcycles in the US. Many riders ride Harley. If you own a Harley, the reality is you can wear any type of helmet. But, when it comes to ensuring maximum safety, you should wear a full-face helmet. A harley rider should wear a full-face helmet for following reasons.
Cover your Face Fully:
Yes, we do agree with the fact that when you wear a full-face helmet, your level of comfort will be compromised. You may not get proper ventilation compared to other kinds of helmets. But, a full face helmet will cover your full face. So, you will get an assurance about your safety.
Boost Your Confidence:
It will also boost your confidence during the ride. As a Harley rider, you will never want to compromise your level of confidence. Honestly, you will be confident enough to complete your trip when your face is fully covered with a helmet.
Ensured Maximum Safety:
The main reason for wearing a full face helmet is ensuring your maximum level of safety. The good news is most of this type of helmets are built with DOT approval and maintaining other safety standards. So, you will get a safe journey.
Full-face helmets come with other added advantages like Bluetooth, intercom, etc. So, you will enjoy every moment of your bike ride.
In a nutshell, a full-face helmet is a safer option compared to other types. Besides, there are many cool full face helmets for Harley riders available these days. You just need to pick the right one to get the best user experience.
Harley Rider’s Full-face Helmets Buying Guide
If you are a Harley rider, you may want to get a full face helmet. There are many factors that you need to consider before buying a top-notch full face helmet for Harley Riders. Check them below.
First of all, you need to consider the shell material of your helmet. It should be strong and durable and must give your head a good level of protection. Many manufacturers use polymers that are lightweight, stable, and lasting longer. On the other hand, the base is made of metal. But, the overall shell is made of different polymers like Polycarbonate or ABS plastic.
The next important thing you need to consider is the shell design. Because it will determine the direction of the wind during the ride. Some shells are aerodynamic which will give you an interruptive ride. Even if you ride the bike at full speed, you will be well-balanced. On the other hand, if you talk about a blocky helmet, it will not be stable.
When you are on the road, one of the disturbing elements is noise. If you are a rider, only you will understand the bad effects of noise. The helmet is one of the major sources of noise cancellation these days. Noise is created by wind and other vehicles. The truth is, this feature is not available in all kinds of durable helmets. That is why you should be careful with the noise cancellation feature of your helmet.
Face Shield or Visor:
The next important feature of your helmet is the face shield or visor. It should give you a proper view of the road. If it’s not able to give a clear road view, there is no use of it. Besides, it should be well designed to protect your face from fog or rain. The visor should protect your eyes from excessive sunlight as well.
When you are riding on the road, safety is the first thing you should think about. Your helmet should come with DOT-approved gears. It means they are built maintaining minimum safety ratings. Whether you talk about the shell, visor, or other parts of the helmet, they should provide you with the ultimate level of safety.
Comfort is another important area that you must focus on before finalizing a buying deal. Look for the inner layer first. It should come with an EPS liner. No doubt, it will give you last moment protection and ultimate comfort. EPS liners are great shock absorbers. Besides, there should be foams and cheek contours that will ensure your comfort during a ride.
Size and Weight:
The size and weight of the helmet are quite important. Because if you don’t get one with the right size, you will suffer the most as it will not be a well fit. Besides, it should not be super bulky. Every rider loves a lightweight but strong helmet for a comfortable ride.
Another important feature that you should not overlook is the ventilation of the helmet. There should be adequate airflow in the helmet. That’s why you must check the front and back vents properly.
The last but not the least important thing is the ease of maintenance. No matter how your helmet is made, you will sweat when riding at a high speed. So, you may get a bad smell over there. So, try to get pads that are removable and easily washable. It will help you to clean the pads and remove the bad smells.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Harley-Davidson helmets made in the USA?
Harley-Davidson is a popular brand of motorbikes. Many Harley riders use helmets which are branded as Harley. But, the truth is those helmets were manufactured by KBC and HJC. As per the tags, it can be said that the helmets were made either in Korea or in Malaysia.
There is no denying the fact that most motorcycle brands including Harley make their helmets outside of America. According to some forum discussions, Harley Davidson helmets are also made in China, India, or other third-world countries.
Does Harley sell HJC helmets?
Yes, HJC, a renowned helmet manufacturer makes motorcycle helmets for Harley Davidson brands. As HJC always makes high-quality helmets, you can trust them. When it comes to Harley-Davidson helmets which are made by HJC, it is also possible. You can buy it from many motorbike accessories showrooms.
Which brand of the helmet is best for Harley Riders?
If you own a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, you should be skeptical when choosing a nice helmet for it. You will find many popular brands that produce helmets out there. But, not every brand is trustworthy.
In this buying guide, we tried to mention only top-notch brands. For instance, Bell, ILM, Freedconn, Scorpion, YEMA, Mophoto, LS2, TORC, etc. are some renowned brands that produce top-quality popular helmets.
Is it worth buying an expensive motorcycle helmet?
When it comes to a motorcycle premium helmet, you pay mainly for your safety. Besides, you also want extra comfort and convenience from it. There are different kinds of helmets which are available these days.
If you spend more, you will get more features like Bluetooth or a high-range intercom system. But, in a general sense, a good quality helmet can be bought for around $250. If you can spend this much money, you will get pretty much everything in your helmet.
Honestly speaking, an expensive helmet doesn’t necessarily mean you will be a better rider. But, if you get the desired features and benefits along with safety from an expensive helmet, of course, it will be worth your money.
How do you tell if a helmet is DOT-approved?
DOT approval is one of the basic required safety standards for a helmet. When you talk about a motorcycle helmet that got the DOT approval, you will see a sticker or painted symbol of DOT on the backside of your helmet.
If you are a Harley motorcycle rider, you already know the importance of a full face helmet. Before making your final decision you need to consider some factors. For instance, the material and comfortable design of the shell, size & weight, noise cancellation, visor, comfort, safety features, ventilation, everything should be considered before making a final buying decision.
All of the helmets we have reviewed above come with top-notch quality. However, if you are still confused with the best full face helmet for Harley riders, we recommend the Bell Bullitt Helmet. The shell of this helmet is made of low-profile carbon composite to protect your head from unexpected accidents.
The face shield will protect your face and eyes from excessive sunlight. Besides, it comes with removable and washable interiors which makes the maintenance of this helmet super easy. On top of that it is equipped with adequate front and back vents to maintain proper airflow.
If you want the best solution for a full-face helmet, undoubtedly, this can be a great fit. But, the final decision is always yours. You can select any one from our list.